As part of our fundraising evening, we typically hold a special paddle raise and all donations are raised for a specific cause in our school or community. This year the paddle raise was decided to support much needed updates to the non-fiction content in Elementary School libraries throughout our district.
Is having books enough if they’re the wrong books?
- Our school district’s elementary libraries non-fiction sections are populated by out-of-date books.
- Students often find books with incorrect/outdated information, or no books at all on their chosen subject
- Where we have gaps in appropriate and timely content we have gaps related to current learning objectives in our schools
More information to come…..
—2019 Paddle Raise Report—
In 2019 the Paddle Raise was chosen to benefit a refresh of the Dundee Elementary Gym. We got off to a great start for this improvement project the night of the Dundee Elementary Auction with $6,550 raised specifically during the Paddle Raise portion of the event. We also received generous support from the Chehalem Park and Recreation District of $12,000 to go toward this improvement project. These are some of the improvements we were able to make happen this year thanks to your support:
- New Adjustable Basketball Hoops
- New Paint in Gym
- New Water Fountain and Filtration
- Aesthetic Fixes (fixed hole in wall by stage, update display boards)
Past paddle raises have benefited things like:
- Dundee Elementary Gym Improvements
- Funds to support Resource Room programs in all schools within the Newberg District
- Support for NHS Resource Room
- Funds to start a Resource Room at Dundee Elementary
- Privacy fence addition for area of school along Hwy 99
- All Abilities Playground Equipment